I solemnly affirm to honor and preserve, to the best of my ability, the following covenant:
- I will develop software for the benefit of humanity which is high quality, secure, life enhancing, and without harm.
- I will ensure the craft of software engineering requires collaboration, analysis, testing, continuous maintenance, and compassion for the peers I work with and customers I serve.
- I will continuously learn from the experience and wisdom of engineers who have come before me and gladly share my own knowledge with those who follow.
- I will not be ashamed to admit ignorance, learn from my mistakes, or fail to seek the help of experienced engineers.
- I will protect the rights and dignity of staff and customers alike, and I will oppose discrimination, harassment, and exploitation in all forms.
- I will protect the privacy of my customers by securing their data from public exposure and/or nefarious use.
- I will protect the environment by investing in practices which are sustainable, energy efficient, and low carbon impact as possible.
- By adhering to this oath, may I enjoy life and art. May I be respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act in perseverance of the finest aspects of my calling and may I long experience the joy of helping those who seek my help.